This recipe makes a perfect summer dinner. A simple marinade and quick cooking time makes this a great weekday meal. Double the recipe to create leftovers you can reheat for a Paleo lunch or dinner during the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes (includes marinating time)
· 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
· ¼ cup olive oil
· 2 teaspoons maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· ½ teaspoon dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon dried basil
· ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
· 1 lb. zucchini or summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
1. In a measuring cup, combine vinegar and next 9 ingredients.
2. Place chicken cubes in a gallon Ziploc bag or bowl and pour half of the marinade.
3. Place the zucchini slices in a gallon Ziploc bag or bowl and pour remaining marinade.
4. Let chicken and zucchini marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
6. Preheat grill to 400 degrees F., and assemble skewers, alternating chicken and zucchini. Discard remaining marinade.
7. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
8. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Information per serving:
230 Calories, 8g Total Fat,1 g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 65mg Cholesterol, 160mg Sodium, 7mg Potassium, 15g Total Carbohydrate, 3g Sugar, 3g Dietary Fiber, 27g Protein