Guacamole is a favorite for all kinds of get-togethers. Although it's a healthy fat, it's still loaded with calories. ANd store bought versions often have extra additives and salt. Try this quick and easy recipe to avoid the extra calories (and unwanted weight gain), while still enjoying a good guac.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/3 cup chunky, fresh salsa
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lime
- Combine mashed avocado with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips, but FIRST check the Nutrition Facts label and choose chips with no more than 5 grams fat per serving.