This salad is chock full of great nutrition! Dark leafy greens, like arugula, are rich in antioxidants that improve brain health, help prevent memory loss when eaten almost daily and help prevent heart disease when eaten at least 3 times per week. Adding berries, increases the antioxidants even more, and studies show these antioxidants also help prevent memory loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease. So many great reasons to enjoy this brain-boosting salad!
Arugula Salad with Berries & Almonds
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 15 minutes
· 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
· ¼ teaspoon honey
· 5 cups fresh arugula (or spinach if you’re not an arugula fan)
· ½ cup sliced radishes
· 2 green onions, chopped
· 1 Persian cucumber, quartered and chopped
· ½ cup raspberries
· ½ cup blackberries
· ¼ cup chopped almonds
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small container whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and honey. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a large bowl combine arugula, radishes, green onions, cucumber and almonds. Toss with dressing. NOTE: add dressing one tablespoon at a time. Depending on whether you like a salad that’s more lightly dressed, you may not need all of the dressing
3. Place salad mixture on plates and top with berries, then serve.
Nutrition Information per serving:
140 Calories, 11g Total Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0mg Trans Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 130mg Sodium, 321mg Potassium, 8g Total Carbohydrate, 4g Sugar, 4g Dietary Fiber, 3g Protein