I love this recipe because it’s a great source of lean protein without a lot of carbs. It’s really tasty, filling and makes great leftovers for lunch.
Ingredients PRINT RECIPE
· 2 lbs. 93% fat free ground turkey (or chicken)
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger (or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger)
· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 2 Tablespoons water or dry white wine
· 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
· 2 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey
· 1 package butter lettuce leaves or hearts of romaine
· 1 cup shredded carrot
· 1/3 cup chopped green onions
· 2/3 cup hoisin sauce, divided
- Chop the garlic and ginger.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, water, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, agave nectar and 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil in a large pan.
- Sauté the garlic/ginger mixture in the oil for 30 seconds. Add ground turkey and cooked until browned.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture onto the lettuce leaf, top with carrots and a drizzle of hoisin sauce. Roll and enjoy!
Serves 6 PRINT RECIPE